Saturday, January 3, 2009

New York City - Day 5

Today I went with Matt to a history session. Sounds awful, right? Well, it was at the New York Historical Society and I thought that I could look around while he was in the lecture. But somehow, somehow I have injured my right ankle. I don't know what I did, but it's bruised on the ankle. So I sat and read for 2 hours because I couldn't walk around and I feel funny limping around. I need a cane. We ate lunch afterwards at the TINIEST place that could be called a restaurant. It was called Big Nick's Burger and Pizza Joint. It's on the Upper West Side - Seinfeld territory - yep, we're still looking for the Seinfeld restaurant. It was great food. We just also felt like we could have reached over and flipped the burgers ourselves it was so small. But Frommer's gave it a good rating and now so do we - for food, not for atmosphere.
Tonight we saw Wicked. We saw it in OKC as well and we loved that performance...but this was awesome! And I hardly ever use the word awesome!
We couldn't take any photos inside and you really didn't want to see another of me in my red coat did you? We had excellent seats, thank you Jarre for the advice on seat location.

This is hard to see but this is the NY skyline from Central Park. I did not get to run around the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis reservoir like I thought I would, you know, like they always show people running around it in the movies. I'm going to say my excuse was the bitter, frigid temperatures. Yep, that's it. There is no other reason except for the cold.
Time to get packed up. Tomorrow we fly back to Lubbock see our kiddos for the first time this year!! Six days is too long to be away from the kids I've decided. Next adventure, we'll just take them with us.




No comments: