Saturday, January 3, 2009

New York City - Day 3

New Year's Day - there aren't many people out this morning. Probably because the bulk of them are sleeping off Times Square from the night before. We got up and headed to the Empire State Building. The line for security wasn't 3 hours long today!

Matt enjoying the sights of NY.


Now you know I don't like to be up high. And here I am on the 86th floor. Lucky for us that the 102nd observatory was being remodeled. But this event did turn out to be one of my favorites. I mostly stayed in the inside part but did venture out when I felt like the wind was dying down. Again, we sprung for the audio tour and again I was glad. Although I felt like the tour misled us slightly when it said that Seinfeld's restaurant was at the NW corner of Central Park and then we walked 25 blocks to get there and it wasn't there. That's not right at 20 something degrees!


Collin and Katie are doing just fine. Collin was caught jumping on the bed. And Katie had snuck outside, but other than that I think they are doing just fine. Collin tells me that Katie has been whining for me but when she gets on the phone she just sings Father Abraham to me.




No comments: