Saturday, January 31, 2009

Vienna Assignment #1 and #2

Vienna Assignment #1: Eat at an ethnic restaurant (not mexican or italian).Our group of 24 went to Zorba's, a Greek restaurant in Oklahoma City. We had a great time talking about the fun stuff we would see on our big adventure and feeling very brave about what we ordered. The food here is excellent by the way. The first picture is what I ordered. I don't remember what it was called, but it is essentially a pizza thing with chicken and artichokes on it.
Here is Katie's ethnic order of corn dog and french fries.

And here is Collin's chicken nuggets and french fries, again, very ethnic. If the kids meals are anything like European food we might be ok, otherwise we might come back very skinny.


And finally, Matt's order of Gyro - we think it was lamb and bread. We went here on January 19, so you can tell that I've already forgotten exactly what we had. This is why I MUST blog on the day it happens!!
Vienna Assignment #2: Go to campground near Stillwater and bond with the college kids.
We left town yesterday and headed to Saint Grove Campground outside of Stillwater. All of our OC kids, along with our 2 ACU girls and 1 Cascade guy made the trip. We were also there with the kids going on PacRim in the Fall and Vienna in the Fall and Turkey this summer. We had a great time with the college kids but my only regret was sleeping on the bottom bunk with both Katie and Collin for 4 hours before passing off Katie to Matt's bunk bed. Next time...pack 4 sets of twin sheets. No pictures to show of this trip. While Matt was in meetings with the college kids, Collin, Katie and I explored the campground. We found a lake, some horses, and 2 playgrounds. We also spent some time in our room playing battleship, connect 4 and jumprope. We are excited about starting the planning part of our trip. Still don't have any definite dates, but tentatively set to leave on May 19. I hope we can wait a week so Collin can finish most of Kindergarten, I can finish all of Sonshine School and Matt can finish his Maymester class.




3 comments:

The Lj's said...

Fun eating assignment... I am glad the retreat went well... sounds like a fun place to explore.

Aubrey said...

Sounds like you survived the camping and had fun!!!

Happy Birthday to YOU! Hope you had a great day today!!!

Amanda said...

Yeah, you may find eating out a bit more interesting over here. Usually, the food is fine, its the rest of the experience that can be a challenge. Be prepared for no free refills or ice, waiting forever for your food to come and smoke being blown in your face. Thankfully, you'll be here in nice weather so eating outside helps the last one.