Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy "Fodder's" Day

Me: Hey kiddos...what do you want to get Daddy for Father's Day?
Collin: Something he will really love.
Katie: I want to get him a rated R movie.
Me: Huh?
Katie: A rated R movie.
Me: How do you know about rated R movies?
Katie: I know about dem.
Me: Hmmmm...why don't we get Dad an Itunes gift card?
Collin: No, that's boring.
Katie: No, that's boring.
Me: Well, then let's buy him something he will really love.
Collin: I want to get Dad this. (Holds up a Texas Hold-Em Poker Set).
Me: Do you know what it is?
Collin: A game in a suitcase. He will love it.
Me: Ok...that sounds good.
Katie: And I will get him this. (Holds up a stainless steel water bottle on the shelf next to the poker set.)
Me: What will Dad do with that?
Katie: He will fill it full of water and we will drink it when we play basketball.
Me: Alright...that sounds good too.
Me: Jackson told me he wants to get Dad an Itunes gift card.
Collin: He doesn't know what boring is yet.

Happy Father's Day, Sweetie.
P.S. Blogger not posting photos tonight...boo.

3 comments:

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

At least on child got him something he probably really wanted. Even if he doesn't know it's boring.

Kayla said...

Soooo cute! And funny about a Rated R movie!!!

Anonymous said...

Colt and I just shared a good laugh. Your kids are hilarious. I think Matt will think this story is the best Father's Day present.