Monday, July 25, 2011

Edmond Historical Society Museum

Collin working the cash register at the general store.
Katie putting up all her groceries in the 1889 house.
And Jackson decided to take a few items from the garden center, a few items from the train station and a few items from the bank and make his own place.
I love this little museum and children's area. First of all it's FREE and when the day is 108 degreees and the rocketship slide in the nearby park has seared your hiney too many times, it's a great place to cool off. Also, I love "town" history. This museum shows all the old, fabulous homes from when the town was started - and I would love to tour them all. It shows the history of the local schools, hospital, newspaper and explains why Edmond has it's own mini Statue of Liberty. And the children's area is fun to explore for a couple of hours. Although it doesn't count in my blog series Let's Explore Oklahoma (because of Matt's absence), I give this place 3 stars. Not a MUST see, but you SHOULD see.

3 comments:

Heather said...

We were just there last week!! My kids love it! As long as it's not too crowded....even Dustin will get in on the fun!

Catherine said...

Every time I pass that place I think, "Hmm... we ought to go there some time. Why haven't we done that yet?" And then I move on... Story of my life, it seems.

Kayla said...

You've said this three times now!! I'm starting to think Matt shouldn't be a necessity in order for it to count!!! We lived at that place the past two summers when I babysat kids! I give it 5 stars because I'm allowed to sit by the entrance and let the kids play instead of having to walk around a lot!!!! Yes. Sometimes I need to be lazy!!