To my local readers: Come to Memorial Road Playgroup. It's a great way to meet new people and break out of your "holy huddle" (phrase borrowed from a friend). The kids love playing, the moms love talking. It's very fun.
Note to self for scrapbooking purposes: Matt came here with Collin and Katie in summer 2010. Jackson and I were supposed to meet up with them after his doctor's appointment. I remember calling Matt about 10 and saying I was going to be late...that the Dr. wanted to check on "one more thing". Well, the one more thing I was not aware of was that Jackson only had 88% oxygen in his lungs and that people need 98-99%. When they finally let me in on the big secret, they then told me there was nothing else they could do for Jackson and to take him straight to the ER. The DR. office would call ahead to tell them we were on our way. To say I was stunned is an understatement. Our only guess to what had happened was that Jackson had eaten some cheerios during Bible class. Probably a lot of cheerios (which at this point in his life was totally normal). And that during the night it affected his breathing. I was taking him to the After Hours dr that Thursday morning (my pediatrician is off on Thursdays) to have him check this strange cough that Jackson had had since Bible class Wednesday night. Looking back - he was breathing hard. But in my mind on that day, I thought Jackson would get checked up and I would meet Matt and the kids at the splashground later. Several hours in the ER, 4 breathing treatments, a chest x-ray, a shot of steroids and many tears later (for both of us), we were sent home with a "something is really bothering his system" diagnosis. One month later we would learn that Jackson had food allergies.
4 comments:
I'm so glad he's doing better now! Looks like a fun day!
I remember that day, too. The day after we left your house. What a whirlwind it started, and what a different place you're in now. Hugs.
Oh man. I also remember that day. Goodness! Yeah, I got nuthin' else.
I'm glad you liked it. I'll let you know if/when I get the courage to go back (after getting yelled at last time) & we could let the kids splash together!
Post a Comment