Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Let's Explore Oklahoma, Part 2

Here we are at the Sam Noble Museum of Natual History. We met our good friends out here for a day of fun and discovery.
Collin and friends listening intently to the museum intern.
Jackson loved digging around for dinosaur bones.
Here he is dressed up for bone digging. A stranger at the museum asked me where I got my "Indiana Jones infant wear." That made me laugh.
Indiana and Miss Indiana
Four starts to the museum! A must see! Small factoid that you might want to know: This museum houses the largest dinosaur skeleton skull found intact and this is recorded in the Guiness Book of World Records. The University of Oklahoma actually had this giant skull in storage for over 50 years when I guess they decided to unpack and found the treasure!! I believe it was located right next to the Ark of the Covenant :).

4 comments:

Summer said...

We love this museum too!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Glad you enjoyed it! We only went once - when it was free, before the grand opening. I'm so cheap sometimes.

Kayla said...

Ok, we've been to this "dinosaur museum" but do not recall a kids place of digging for bones or sitting at tables looking at artifacts. We tend to miss the best parts...darn!

The Lj's said...

We ended up there today after Chads play was sold out on us! It was a fun alternative! I enjoying you exploring Oklahoma posts!