Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Jasmine Moran Children's Museum


Going on an adventure with friends is so fun. We headed out to Seminole, Oklahoma - I think that is in the "Kiamachi Country" portion of Oklahoma - early one morning with friends and fun packed in our van.
A little 6 legged friend met Collin at the door and landed on his nose.
I have no idea what this thing was...part grasshopper...part butterfly...part I don't know.
We headed outside to the Castle Maze first. Since it was only 90 something degrees, it felt coolish. But the kiddos had great fun going through all the passageways.
So, so fun!
Then we headed inside to do this contraption thingy.
It's like a pirate, boat, climbing, tower with a slide.
This is the water works section. I think it might have been trying to explain the Arkansas River Navigation System that we have here in Oklahoma. I'm not sure. But it was fun and wet and messy and you could attempt making your duck go upstream.
The museum also has a wonderful Homeland grocery store. The kids could put items in their basket and then go check out at the cash register.
We also purchased train tickets. Who doesn't love a train ride?
They actually had added this feature since our last visit to this museum. It was neat and reminded me of the train ride at the Orr Family Farm in OKC.
Our Chubba Chubba Choo Choo on the choo choo. I just had to type that. Couldn't help myself. Maybe it's the steroids...affecting my silliness...while I'm wide awake...at this late hour.
In the mechanics shop the kids could take apart a muffler, change tires, change the license plate and fix the engine.
My little rule-following Collin loved walking around with his clipboard and making sure he was following the directions step by step.
We went to the construction zone! A favorite of Jackson's because there are trucks. And cars. And rocks.
We went to the Hospital wing. As Katie is pedaling the bicycle, the skeleton in the box is pedaling his bicycle. So fun!
A large Light Bright! Have I said this was fun yet?
Collin and E are rerouting wires on the electrical current to get a light bulb to come on. I personally thing they are both geniuses.
Here E and Katie are in the cockpit of a retired airplane.
So...why a children's museum in Seminole, OK? Mrs. Jasmine Moran says, "Why not?" I think this place is wonderful. A great outing. Totally worth the drive. We could have stayed longer except that I was nearing a breaking point with Jackson. He was done with this place after about 2 hours.
To "This Is Interesting..." - it can't count in my LEO series because Matt wasn't there. But believe me it goes in my Oklahoma Guide Book. Frommers? Insider? Birnbaum? Fun with the Family in Oklahoma? I need a publisher. Four stars...a must see!

7 comments:

Alyssa said...

Still having blog problems. Pigg Times - the Kiamachi Country thing was for you. I'm learning the countries of Oklahoma! And I meant to say "This Will Be Interesting" at the bottom. Hate making mistakes...

Alyssa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wa Wa Waughs said...

They have added a lot of neat things since we went long ago!

Kayla said...

Oh thank you for the correction! Glad you still consider it part of your "Griswalds Take Oklahoma" even if it doesn't count toward LEO!! It's funny you blogged about this because I got on today thinking "I should try and blog about JM today..."

Catherine said...

Yeah, I need to re-learn the countries of OK. It really was fun, and I'm so glad you talked me into it -- and drove! Much more fun together in the car for 2.5 hrs. driving. Plus, it gave Collin time to teach Ethan quite a few spells, charms, and counter- spells that he is now passing on to his brother. :-) The other day Caleb was mad about Ethan being in his face about something. Came to me complaining. I said, "Go back, swish your wand like this, and say, 'Protego!'" He was thrilled. Wish I knew the bat bogey hex. That would've been funnier. Anyway.... totally off topic. I'm not on steroids, but I do have this wretched headache. I'll blame that for MY silliness. But yes, JMCM is a definite must-do-again-and-with-Daddy-next-time kind of place. (And I also think C & E are geniuses.)(Maybe the other 3 as well. ) :-)

Alyssa said...

Oh...Griswolds Take Oklahoma! Now that's a good book title!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Some of the exhibits are different from when I took my kids.