
Having a little pool time with missionary kids and friends.

Cotter, Caleb, Kim, Josh, Carson and Carli Hensal: missionaries in Vienna, Austria. These friends we credit (or blame depending on who you ask) with getting me to like Harry Potter. Josh and Kim were one of the first couple friends we made after moving from Florida to Oklahoma. Always generous. Very friendly. Wonderful, genuine people.

So our family, along with our friends from Vienna and some local friends headed out to Explore Oklahoma together. (Side note: these 2 families had no idea I would use this outing as part 4 of my series.) And if you are thinking Collin looks a little different in this photo...he had drama camp this week and was make-upped as a dwarf.

Katie LOVES Carli!! When we were in Vienna, Carli let Katie dress up in some of her clothes and put a little bit of play make up on her. Katie has not forgotten about that even though she was 3 1/2 while we were there in Europe. Katie LOVES Carli!!

If you ever go to the drive-in in Guthrie, which I highly recommend, find a friend with a truck. And a blow up mattress. And an ice chest full of fun drinks and chocolate candy and every chip imaginable. I MIGHT remember to bring the bug spray.

Baby Carson's first drive-in.

Jackson LOVED seeing the movie Cars 2. Let's Explore Oklahoma Part 4: The Beacon Drive-in in Guthrie, OK. So, so fun! Great way to see a movie with a noisy toddler! Great way to sit back, relax, look at the wide, open Oklahoma sky, breathe deep breaths, and visit with friends. Must do. 4 stars.
5 comments:
I must do this. Only need a friend with a truck and air mattress...totally doable!
Bill and Jemma went to the drive-in Thurs. night while I was gone to Dallas shopping.
I'm sad we didn't get to have the Hensel's over this time. I was slow at asking for a time and they were all filled up.
They are a sweet family and I'm glad you did a little more than just feeding them!
Yes, Robin's right. Good job! FYI: We have a truck... not sure about the matress. Hafta look through the camping stuff we've NEVER used. But we do have a truck that will be available for drive-ins AFTER daytime highs fall below 90! That's the most amazing thing to me about your Hensal/ Pearman adventure! The HEAT! It's almost like you're from a wasteland as inhospitable as this one! sorry...sorry... heat's getting to me.
Catherine - surely that was Tim typing and not you!!
Post a Comment