Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Way Back Wednesday: Switzerland Revisited

I will officially begin scrapbooking our Europe 2009 trip this weekend. I'm excited. While getting some pictures in order for the big scrap and after talking to my dear friend who is in England right now, I decided to post a little of our fun. Here a beautiful waterfall coming from the middle of the mountain.
Our family went to Switzerland during our free travel at the end of our 6 weeks with the college students. Beautiful. I can still kind of taste and smell the fresh, clean air.

Katie (3 1/2) and Collin (6) on the steps waiting for the bus to take us to the Open Air Museum.

The same water picture...I guess I really like this one.

A roof made entirely of grass/hay. Awesome!

Katie is practicing her hammering skills in the kids section of the museum.

Collin is also practicing his hammering skills.

Here the kiddos got to try on some period clothing. Isn't she a little cutie? Katie remembers that this outfit was itchy.

Here is shepherd Collin and Heidi Katie.




After a long hike to the other side of the museum, after Katie falling down a steep hill, after Mommy stopping every so often to ask WHY we are climbing mountains in Switzerland when I am 6 months pregnant (that was Jackson talking, I totally enjoyed it), we made it to the OTHER kids section and we sprung for a merry go round ride.

The sweaty cuties.

Katie and Collin got to pet some goats. She loved the fact that they all had bells around their necks and wanted to ring them all.

Katie picking some grass to feed to the goats. Collin also was picking grass to feed the goats and I guess grabbed some stinging nettle things that were on the other side of the fence. His hand swelled up and had little red dots all over it. We found a watering trough to wash it in. Found a bathroom to wash him up with soap and then later dosed him up with Benadryl. He still remembers grabbing the stinging nettles.
Oh the memories. It's fun to look back.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Makes me want to go there!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

I love the picture where Colin is smirking! So cute!

Those Precious Few said...

Still working on our Europe book. Just editing at this point... About halfway done. I heart Switzerland! We CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND!

Alyssa said...

Those Precious Few?? Are you Kristen? If so, I cannot see your blog! Approve me so I can see.

Anonymous said...

Oh Alyssa, So sorry I didn't re- log-in the other day. Those Precious Few isn't actually my blog. It's a blog I share with my highschool friends where we all post.

Ashley said...

Great pictures! I'm super jealous of your trip! :)