Friday, February 4, 2011

Moms and Muffins

I just love Moms and Muffins and Sonshine School. The teachers go above and beyond to make this morning special.
Here is Katie's classmate and her family. Katie and friend spent the ENTIRE time at the table correcting each other, telling on each other, and saying that they were the best "drawer, colorer, and muffin-eater"...I couldn't wait for the singing to start.

Suddenly, Katie broke into her Western Day character and decided it was time to get the cattle thieves. By the way, my sweet sister-in-law passed down a Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen video in which the twins are wearing bandanas like Katie above. So she wanted to have her bandana like Mary-Kate and Ashley "because they are 5 year olds who can solve mysteries without their parents!" Somehow the solving mysteries and Western Day went together.
Here she is singing "Thank You Mom" and another song that was equally as wonderful...just don't remember it.

And finally her beautiful placemat she made. The drawing is of the two of us holding hands.

3 comments:

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

It's so cute they still do the same placemats my kids did. Or at least Jemma. I don't remember what the boys had. All 3 of the kids made sock snowmen for moms and muffins that I still keep display.

I can't believe I am old enough to go down memory lane, remembering what all 3 of my kids did. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

I love all the new posts! The snow pictures are great!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

so they do that at Sonshine School now? I'm really out of it!